Deadline: 5 May 2016
Malaria Consortium is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Director in Freetown, Sierra Leone. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Country Director will be responsible for providing overall strategic and programmatic leadership with a focus on raising the profile of the organization and identifying suitable funding opportunities to fully establish our presence in the country.
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organizations specializing in the prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable populations.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Country Director will perform the following functions-
- Strategic Planning and Business Development
- In consultation with Malaria Consortium’s senior regional and technical teams, work with field and country teams to identify gaps and areas of strategic interest of Malaria Consortium programming in Sierra Leone and pro-actively develop country strategies and proposals for funding that responds to Malaria Consortium 5 year strategy.
- Track in-country donor funding streams to identify opportunities in areas of strategic interest to Malaria Consortium in order to establish and further develop the Sierra Leone programme.
- Provide support in drafting, reviewing and/or submitting funding proposals, as agreed with the Nigeria Country Director.
- Representation and Coordination
- Act as principal liaison for Malaria Consortium with the government and donor agencies on contractual and other issues, ensuring financial and programmatic accountability.
- Actively provide high level representation (directly or through designated technical staff), particularly at key governmental meetings as well as at donor, UN and NGO coordination for a.
- Consolidate and expand Malaria Consortium Sierra Leone partnerships with MoHS/National Malaria Control Programme (NMCP), bilateral and multilateral organizations, research institutions, private sector and civil society.
- Advocate for increased attention and resources for communicable disease control in Sierra Leone.
Applicants must have-
- Postgraduate degree in international health or relevant discipline.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office programmes.
- Extensive work experience as a manager, project director or team leader in international health in developing countries, preferably in Africa.
- Substantial experience in human resource management and supervision.
- Substantial experience in financial management, budget setting and monitoring.
- Familiarity with the Nigerian health sector.
- Track record in resource mobilization/business development.
- Knowledge of international donor requirements e.g. DFID, USAID.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven team skills, including flexibility and enthusiasm.
- Proficiency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Malaria Consortium.