Deadline: 18 May 2016
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Director in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The Country Director will work with leadership team to deliver on the agreed goal for Save the Children Bangladesh.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Country Director will perform the following functions-
- Identify the most deprived children in Bangladesh, and ensure that our programs and advocacy includes a major emphasis on ensuring that these children are able to achieve their rights to health, education, protection and freedom from poverty.
- Help to build a movement for change in how children are treated in Bangladesh, in particular changing social norms around child marriage and violence against children.
- Identify opportunities to bring about long-term, systemic change in national level policies, laws, budgets and programs that are relevant to children, and work with government, academia and civil society to make such changes a reality.
- Ensure the success of Save the Children’s major initiative on child malnutrition, the Suchana program.
- As Bangladesh continues its transition to a lower middle income country, identify emerging priority needs for children and ensure that Save the Children is well-placed to address those needs.
Applicants must have-
- Good understanding of programme, financial and operational management processes.
- Experience of building, leading and developing a team of senior staff with different backgrounds and expertise.
- Experience of leading change in an organization which has led to considerable results for the organization and its stakeholders.
- Experience working with large and complex donors to secure and/or manage new large-scale and/or competitive funding.
- Experience of building personal networks at a senior level, resulting in securing new opportunities for the organization.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in.
- Experience in working in Asia.
- Understanding and experience in working in a South Asia context desirable.
- Good understanding of key trends in international and humanitarian development.
- Commitment to the Save the Children values.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and covering letter as a single document, including their salary expectations in English through online process.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.