Deadline: 30 April 2016
Volunteer Services Overseas (VSO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Director in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
The Country Director will lead VSO Tanzania’s programme team as we embark on an exciting and ambitious phase of expansion, building on successful and highly-regarded programmes in Education, Livelihoods, and Health.
VSO works on tackling inequality, injustice, poverty and climate change.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Country Director will perform the following functions-
- Lead a team of staff and volunteers to design and implement innovative, high quality, locally owned programmes and projects that can be scaled up rapidly.
- Building excellent relations with a wide range of stakeholders so that we extend the influence that VSO can have, building on core competencies and the voices of primary actors.
- Meet ambitious funding targets and delivering grants professionally so we maintain high profile for excellence.
Applicants must have-
- Very strong strategic thinking and leadership skills and political sensitivity.
- Excellent representational, networking and donor engagement skills and experience.
- Committed understanding of VSO and volunteerism.
- Understanding of the complex and rapidly-changing context in Tanzania.
- Experience of managing complex programmes and operations.
- Determination and adaptability.
- Knowledge of education, livelihoods and health work with experience of working in Tanzania and fluency in local languages would be desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit VSO.