Deadline: 18 August 2017
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Economist in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Country Economist will perform the following functions-
- Lead the preparation of the CPS and COBP.
- Ensure alignment of ADB operations with PNG development plans and ADB’s medium and long-term strategic frameworks.
- Implementation of the Paris Declaration on Aid Effectiveness within PNG.
- Conduct policy dialogue with DMC officials and external donor agencies around economic policy and reforms.
- A high degree of client satisfaction with the services provided by PNRM.
- Lead effective design, processing and administration of both delegated and non-delegated loan and TA projects so that intended results are produced.
- Efficient project/program implementation and rapid problem resolution.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Economics, or Political Science, Public Policy, Public Administration or related fields.
- University degree in Economics, or Political Science, Public Policy, Public Administration or related fields, combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in economic analysis, development planning and policy formulation, implementation and project administration, or related areas.
- International experience working in development in several countries.
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.