Deadline: 18 August 2017
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Economist in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Country Economist will perform the following functions-
- Lead the preparation of the CPS and COBP.
- Ensure alignment of ADB operations with PNG development plans and ADB’s medium and long-term strategic frameworks.
- Implementation of the Paris Declaration on Aid Effectiveness within PNG.
- Conduct policy dialogue with DMC officials and external donor agencies around economic policy and reforms.
- A high degree of client satisfaction with the services provided by PNRM.
- Lead effective design, processing and administration of both delegated and non-delegated loan and TA projects so that intended results are produced.
- Efficient project/program implementation and rapid problem resolution.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Economics, or Political Science, Public Policy, Public Administration or related fields.
- University degree in Economics, or Political Science, Public Policy, Public Administration or related fields, combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in economic analysis, development planning and policy formulation, implementation and project administration, or related areas.
- International experience working in development in several countries.
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills in English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.