Deadline: 4 February 2020
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Human Resources Officer in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Country Human Resources Officer will perform the following functions-
- Effective coordination of country HR processes ensuring timely staff recruitments, job profiling, staff induction, staff transfers and separations, labour relations, performance management, remuneration surveys, employee surveys, leave management etc in line with organisational policies, standards and contemporary HR practices.
- Timely preparation of quality HR correspondences and packages relating to staff recruitment, contract terminations, promotions, transfers, salary adjustments, employee requests, background checks and separations in line with Plan policies and standards.
- Recruit right candidates for the right positions at the right time using non discriminatory recruitment processes taking cognizance of Plan’s commitment to child protection, diversity and inclusion.
- Responsible for managing staff data in the HRIS including staff hiring, data update, orientation and troubleshooting system issues.
- Conduct periodic reviews country employee database in HRIS and staff file records for completeness.
- Provide periodic support to the emergency team specifically on recruitments, contracts, disciplinary, performance processes and orientation of key policies and guidelines.
- In consultation with HR Specialist identify staff learning gaps and based on individual accountability plans & changing circumstances to facilitate planning of appropriate staff capacity enhancement programs and assist in delivering learning where possible.
- Facilitate effective leave planning, monitoring and management purposes in line with the HR Policy Manual provisions while reviewing leave schedules/reports for completeness & adherence to plans.
- Provide support in HR budget preparation and monitoring of related expenses.
- Prepare quality HR quarterly and year end reports within stipulated time frames for review by Human Resource Manager.
- Work closely with Medical insurance while acting as a focal point to ensure staffs are getting the required services in line with the policy.
- Promotes and abides by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to child protection, code of conduct and mandatory reporting responsibilities.
- Provide support in identifying and addressing HR risks, clarify policies and provision of general support to staff in relation to bank loans, Pension fund, WCF etc.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in Human Resource Management, Administration or Social Sciences.
- Good understanding and application of country labour laws.
- Good thematic knowledge in the field of human resources.
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving skills facilitation and influencing skills.
- High degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS office tools.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications and CVs written in English through online process.
For more information, please visit Plan International.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.