Deadline: 17 December 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Logistics & Administration Coordinator in Mogadishu, Somalia. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Country Logistics & Administration Coordinator will be responsible to establish and manage overall logistics and administration in the country operation, including structures and staffing level.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Country Logistics & Administration Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Implement effective procurement planning with the aim to establish a reliable, consistent and effective supply chain within the country programme.
- Actively work with Area Offices and Specialists to standardise specifications and evaluation criteria across the operation.
- Drive the identification and establishment of procurement categories that will benefit from the contracting of long-term/ framework agreements.
- Provide the necessary monthly logistics reports including informed analysis of these for management decision-making.
- Push the reduction of lead times in the procurement process while improving the quality of the procurement processes.
- Responsible for ensuring continuous existence of and updated agreements with suppliers and identify areas of improvement Responsible for ensuring regular market surveys are undertaken in the country programme.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in procurement, logistics, supply chain or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Logistician in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures and work systematically.
- Ability to work in a team, and motivate others.
- Able to analyze information, prioritize and take decisions and responsibility.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Strong computer skills, especially in Excel and web-based database and use of email.
- Strong English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Nationality of Somalia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.