Deadline: 17 December 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Logistics & Administration Coordinator in Mogadishu, Somalia. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Country Logistics & Administration Coordinator will be responsible to establish and manage overall logistics and administration in the country operation, including structures and staffing level.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Country Logistics & Administration Coordinator will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Implement effective procurement planning with the aim to establish a reliable, consistent and effective supply chain within the country programme.
- Actively work with Area Offices and Specialists to standardise specifications and evaluation criteria across the operation.
- Drive the identification and establishment of procurement categories that will benefit from the contracting of long-term/ framework agreements.
- Provide the necessary monthly logistics reports including informed analysis of these for management decision-making.
- Push the reduction of lead times in the procurement process while improving the quality of the procurement processes.
- Responsible for ensuring continuous existence of and updated agreements with suppliers and identify areas of improvement Responsible for ensuring regular market surveys are undertaken in the country programme.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s Degree in procurement, logistics, supply chain or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Logistician in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures and work systematically.
- Ability to work in a team, and motivate others.
- Able to analyze information, prioritize and take decisions and responsibility.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Strong computer skills, especially in Excel and web-based database and use of email.
- Strong English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Nationality of Somalia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.