Deadline: 20 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Supply Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Country Supply Officer will act as a portfolio manager for selected priority high-burden countries to design and coordinate a system for rational medicines and products ordering and delivery.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Country Supply Officer will perform the following functions-
- Develop annual summaries/briefs on priority countries as required.
- Monitor and report on the performance of Procurement Agent, freight forwarder, and quality control agency and the lead times.
- Monitor and analyze client satisfaction reports and develop interventions for improvements and the GDF performance strengthening.
- Analyze, develop and provide information as required for other GDF teams, such as Business Development and Market Management.
- Represent the GDF at country and international meetings and fora, promote the GDF as a source of affordable quality-assured TB medicines and products, and the GDF direct procurement mechanism with national governments, non-governmental organizations, implementing agencies and communities.
- Provide technical leadership and serve as a technical resource as required for StopTB Partners’ and WHO regional TB meetings, workshops, and capacity building exercises to keep rational procurement and supply of TB medicines and products on the regional agenda.
- Develop training materials as required for regional and country specific capacity building exercises for procurement and supply management strengthening.
- Conduct desk top assessments of the priority countries’ TB medicines and products procurement and supply practices.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in Pharmacy, Logistics, Procurement, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Project Management or related subject with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or first Level University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) in a related field with 7 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Professional certification in Procurement and Supply Chain Management is desirable.
- Computer literacy with emphasis on databases and data management and Excel proficiency.
- Excellent knowledge of English is required.
- Knowledge of Russian is an asset.
- Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.