Deadline: 30 April 2016
CARE is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Chief of Party in Mogadishu, Somalia.
CARE’s mission is to serve individuals and families in the poorest communities in the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Chief of Party will perform the following functions-
- Oversee the coordinated planning (of activities and resources) and implementation of the program and program operations in line with state-of-the art strategies, technical standards, and applicable USAID rules and regulations.
- In collaboration with the Chief of Party, ensure the adequacy of planning, monitoring and reporting and competence for the effective scale up of program interventions to meet established programmatic and financial targets and timeframes.
- Develop and implement systems that address food insecurity and other pertinent sectoral issues. Resolve/facilitate the resolution of technical issues.
- Provide strategic oversight of program tasks and activities, including participating in budget discussions.
- Conduct monitoring visits to observe field activities.
- Serve on the program’s Senior Management Team.
- Promote quality, efficiency, integrity, and learning throughout program duration.
- Mentor and supervise direct report/s.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 8 years of recent and progressively responsible experience working on educational programs.
- Previous management experience on primary and secondary education programs (including improved reading skills, access to education, and equity) and/or youth workforce development.
- Prior management of USAID-funded contracts is strongly preferred.
- Experience with one or more of the following: primary and/or secondary education programming in conflict priority countries or other conflict countries, youth workforce development, resilience activities for youth; experience working with community groups/organizations; or advocacy.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
- Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Previous experience in Somalia is preferred but not required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and proficiency in Somali.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit CARE.