Deadline: 13 June 2016
Global Communities is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Chief of Party in Guatemala.
Global Communities mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Chief of Party will perform the following functions-
- Support the Chief of Party in the overall management of the program.
- Provide technical and managerial leadership in the areas of security and justice, governance, anticorruption and women’s empowerment and gender integration.
- Ensure program implementation is in compliance with Counterpart’s policies/procedures, GOG and USAID rules/regulations, particularly with respect to financial and grant management.
- Ensure program quality assurance and impact assessment through regular project monitoring & evaluation, and sustained knowledge capture and sharing through periodic assessments.
- Participate in developing program reports including quarterly reports, annual results reports, pipeline and resource estimates.
- Provide mentoring and professional development support to project staff, with emphasis on building capacity of national staff.
- Represent the Chief of Party to USAID, local and national governmental authorities, local NGOs, community organizations, and other donor organizations.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in public administration, international relations or other related fields.
- Seven years of experience of progressively increasing responsibilities in development projects or 10 years of relevant experience to substitute the education requirement.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively working with local government structures, senior government officials, civil society actors, other donors and USG projects.
- Experience and / or knowledge of the current dynamics faced by Central America immigrants traveling to the United States.
- Excellent English and Spanish language oral and written communication skills required.
- Experience working in a variety of developing environments required; knowledge of the Guatemalan context desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Speaking and writing fluency in English and Spanish.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Global Communities.