Deadline: 25 April 2016
World Education (WE) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Chief of Party in Cairo, Egypt.
The Deputy Chief of Party will be responsible for overseeing implementation and ensuring high quality programming.
World Education improves the quality of life through education for half a million children and adults in 22 countries.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Chief of Party will perform the following functions-
- Work closely with the COP to ensure that project objectives and targets are met in accordance with project indicators.
- Oversee and ensure coordination and program integration between senior and technical staff and a broad range of program partners.
- Work with the COP to identify and respond to partner needs for training, technical assistance, and capacity strengthening and facilitate systems strengthening and capacity building initiatives.
- Coordinate and, when appropriate, serve as key contact for CSO, government and/or private sector partners.
- Lead the planning of project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines.
- Keep abreast of technical developments and new research to inform an integrated program strategy.
- Submit timely and accurate reports related to progress and other reports as required to the COP for onward submission to the donor.
- Provide substantive feedback to implementing partners on reports and budget expenditure.
- Ensure that aspects of gender are fully considered in the project cycle.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or higher in international development, education, social sciences or closely related field is required.
- At least five years’ experience designing, implementing and managing large, complex projects, involving multiple partners.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, managerial, leadership, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience with school and community based primary education programs, adult literacy programs, and community participation is required.
- Experience with programming to address gender concerns and programming of school aged children and illiterate women.
- Excellent English and Arabic writing, oral presentation and communication skills required.
- Understanding of the Egypt operating environment and experience with Egypt’s Education and Adult Literacy sectors strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their resumes and cover letters through online process.
For more information, please visit WE.