Deadline: 17 August 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Country Director in Mogadishu, Somalia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Country Director will perform the following functions:
- As DCD provide leadership and Management of the Business Partnerships & Development Unit.
- Develop and Implement DRC Somalia Policy & Advocacy Strategy.
- Responsibility for managing and developing staff under her/his supervision and ensuring that the DRC values are incorporated in the leadership and upheld.
- Serve as member of the SMT, including supporting the Country Director (CD) to lead the SMT toward the achievement of common goals, and, at times, serving as the Acting Country Director in the absence of the CD.
- Designated as Deputy country Director, Somalia.
- Works closely with DRC HoP and DDG HoP to ensure complementarity of action and enhance synergies between the program sectors as appropriate.
- Supports the knowledge management agenda across all Area Offices working closely with Area Managers.
- Responsible for promoting Innovation initiatives within all programmes.
- Line Manager the BPDU working in close collaboration with the CD & BPDU Manager.
Applicants must have:
- Post-Graduate Degree in relevant social discipline such as international relations, business administration, management, law/human rights, social sciences or related field.
- Demonstrated experience of successfully developing Policy & Advocacy Strategies.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional work experience in humanitarian/ recovery/development work including in a displacement setting.
- Technical expertise and experience in livelihoods and durable solutions programming.
- Proven analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to negotiate effectively between different stakeholders, and to represent DRC at high level forums.
- Extensive experience in representation and networking, in particular with Government authorities, EU, humanitarian and development actors.
- Good understanding of the Localization Agenda in Somalia and Somaliland.
- Good communicator and proven diplomacy with all types of stakeholders.
- Proven commitment to accountable practices and knowledgeable of quality assurance systems.
- Hands on experience in managing staff in insecure and remote locations with strong human resource management skills in general.
- Experience of managing budgets and multiple donor contracts.
- Demonstrated experience in donor contacting, fundraising and networking.
- Fluency and articulate in English (speaking, writing, reading) is essential.
- Understanding and experience of context in Somalia is an added advantage.
- Arabic and/or Somali languages beneficial.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.