Deadline: 26 June 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Country Director in Mogadishu, Somalia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Deputy Country Director will perform the following functions:
- Management Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in the design, delivery and quality of DRC Somalia programme.
- Responsibility for managing and developing staff under her/his supervision and ensuring that the DRC values are incorporated in the leadership and upheld.
- Serve as member of the SMT, including supporting the Country Director (CD) to lead the SMT toward the achievement of common goals, and, at times, serving as the Acting Country Director in the absence of the CD.
- Work closely with the Head of Programme for DDG to ensure complementarity of action and enhance synergies between the program sectors as appropriate.
- Support the development of in-country expertise in each sector as well as supporting the agenda for capacity building of national staff.
- Programme Strategy:
- Ensure all staff understand the regional and global frameworks.
- In collaboration with RO, manages a consultative process for local strategy development, plays a leading role in annual programme portfolio analyses.
- In collaboration with the CD is responsible for fundraising and donor contract management.
- Responsible for the coordination of quarterly meetings, project kick off and closure meetings, and the Annual Review meetings.
- Facilitate synergy between DRC and DDG program activities.
- Promote development of sectoral strategies that contribute to programme strategy.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Demonstrated experience of successfully managing program implementation in a large country operation.
- Minimum 7 year’s professional work experience in humanitarian/ recovery/development work including in a displacement setting.
- Good understanding and experience of context in Somalia is an added advantage.
- Post-graduate Degree in relevant social discipline such as international relations, business administration, management, law/human rights, social sciences or related field.
- Technical expertise and experience in livelihoods, conflict management, WASH, protection, durable solutions, infrastructural programming in post conflict setting is an advantage.
- Proven analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to negotiate effectively between different stakeholders, and to represent DRC at high level forums.
- Extensive experience in representation and networking, in particular with Government authorities, EU, humanitarian and development actors.
- Demonstrated project, program and human resource management experience, including working with local partners.
- Strong understanding of MEAL, including in complex programmes.
- Good communicator and proven diplomacy with all types of stakeholders.
- Proven commitment to accountable practices and knowledgeable of quality assurance systems.
- Hands on experience in managing staff in insecure and remote locations with strong human resource management skills in general.
- Experience of managing budgets and multiple donor contracts.
- Demonstrated experience in donor contacting, fundraising and networking.
- Fluency and articulate in English (speaking, writing, reading) is essential.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.