Deadline: 28 April 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Regional Director in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Deputy Regional Director will be responsible for effective coordination and integration of gender perspectives in UN Development Assistance Frameworks (UNDAF) to promote coherence in the UN system’s work on gender equality and the empowerment of women with colleagues in UN organizations.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Regional Director will perform the following functions-
- Advice, support, guides and provides input in the formulation of relevant, high quality, results-based and rights-based country programmes and projects.
- Prepare policy documents, briefs and other strategic papers/materials for the Regional Director for use in the development and presentation of a coherent regional perspective.
- Assess the country level and sub-regional level annual work plans and presents the Regional Director with recommendations and conclusions to assist in development planning.
- Plan, implement, and monitor the Regional Office programme portfolio.
- Oversee and monitor the development of systems, processes and mechanisms to support effective programme planning, implementation, monitoring and timely progress reporting.
- Lead the monitoring of progress on mutually agreed results frameworks and performance indicators and timely action/decision and/or provide timely support.
- Lead the process of gathering information and prepare reports for HQ on progress of programme implementation, assess results and identify areas for the Regional Director’s action and/or decision.
- Identify areas that may require improvement and capture best practices/lessons learned; use corporate monitoring tools, as such as the Balance Score Card, Atlas Snapshot and Dashboard, Staff Surveys, Audits and other corporate reports.
- Manage the timely allocation of funds to field offices under the responsibility of the Regional Office. Monitor and ensure the appropriate utilization of resources approved and allocated to regional programmes and projects that are managed by the Regional Office.
- Review and evaluate proposals submitted to the Regional Office and oversee the preparation of donor proposals and reports.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a development-related area, including economics, public policy or other social science fields.
- At least 10 years of extensive development experience that combines intellectual, strategic and managerial leadership in development programmes some of which should be in the area of gender equality, preferably in developing countries within the UN system, Agencies, Funds, Programs, or UN Mission.
- Experience with managing, supporting and overseeing development policy-making, programme and operations management, resource mobilization and partnership creation.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French is required.
- Working knowledge of another UN Language, especially Arabic, will be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.