Deadline: 11 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Representative in Sana’a, Yemen.
The Deputy Representative will serve as principal support and adviser on the overall management of the CO, development of CO policies and strategies; and under delegated authority.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Representative will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate the planning and conduct of situation analysis by the various sectors in the CO to establish a comprehensive and current data and information for program development planning, management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Provide advice to the Representative on strategies, direction and planning of programs and projects to translate
- Analytical data/information (from situation analysis) and national priorities and goals into concrete country programs and projects that advances UNICEF goals in the country on child rights, survival and development.
- Guide and advise the various sectoral teams throughout the process of program formulation, planning and preparation of the Country Program ensuring harmonization of approaches and alignment with the UNICEF Strategic Plan, corporate guidelines, policies/procedures and regional and national priorities.
- Provide technical and operational guidance to the heads of sectors and their team, as delegated by the Representative, throughout all stages of the programming process to ensure cooperation, collaboration and harmonization of programs and projects.
- Coordinate necessary technical programming support from PD/Regional Office.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in social sciences, international relations, government and public relations, public or social policy, sociology, social or community development or other related fields, is required.
- Ten years of relevant work experience that combines technical and managerial leadership in development cooperation at the international level, some of which served in a developing countries is required.
- Relevant work experience in any UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the local language of the duty station (Arabic) is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.