Deadline: 24 January 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Digital Partnership Specialist in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Digital Partnerships Specialist will be responsible for developing strategic partnerships and providing advisory and technical support to UNDP’s Regional Bureau for Africa in its efforts to leverage digital development in pursuit of the SDGs in the Africa Region.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Digital Partnerships Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Strategic advice on the regional economy and its impact on the SDGs:
- Develop RBA’s strategic value proposition for digital development in the African continent and puts forward a concrete action plan for its implementation
- Analyze global and regional trends and dynamics in the digital economy and advises RBA on how these potentially impact the implementation of the 2030 Agenda in the African continent.
- Seek opportunities for engagement in the digital economy and advises RBA’s leadership on how to leverage its programme in the African continent to promote digital development for the SDGs.
- Contribute to the positioning of RBA as a thought leader in the digital economy and its impact on sustainable development in the African continent.
- Strategic Partnership Development:
- Position UNDP as a partner of choice for actors in the digital space and elsewhere (e.g. donors, development partners) seeking to support efforts to leverage digital development for the SDGs in Africa.
- Closely liaise with other RBA units and regional and sub-regional offices, as well as with other bureaus in UNDP to identify opportunities for partnership engagement and development in and for the Africa region in the area of digital development.
- Liaise with UNDP’s Bureau for External Relations and Advocacy to ensure full alignment with UNDP corporate partnerships policies and strategies.
- Externally represents RBA on matters pertaining to digital development for the SDGs.
- Participate in wider UN agency digital development fora, serving as RBA’s digital development liaison and coordinator of digital development priorities.
- Technical support to RBA offices on digital development for the SDGs:
- Advise RBA, RBA’s regional hubs and RBA country offices on how to mainstream digital development into UNDP’s regional and country programme in Africa.
- Lead digital development coordination within RBA ensuring consistent guidance to country offices.
- Support country-level strategic planning and programming to ensure that digital development opportunities to reach the SDGs are leveraged.
- Coordinate the implementation of RBA’s action plan for Digital Development or the SDGs in Africa.
- Knowledge Management and Capacity Development:
- Support the establishment of a knowledge and information-sharing network between RBA and its regional and country offices on digital development and the SDGs.
- Support UNDP efforts to research and advance technical thought leadership and practice on digital development or the SDGs.
- Advance knowledge and best practices in digital development with other UNDP bureaus and UN agencies.
- Foster knowledge sharing and learning between RBA, key research institutions, think tanks, as well as the UNDP Global Policy Network, with the aim of creating an enabling environment that inspires sharing and exchange of knowledge, information, and resources on digital development.
- Support UNDP country office’s capacity development and knowledge sharing work with national counterparts by drawing on experiences on digital development and offering services, instruments and potential solutions to key government counterparts across Africa.
- Other tasks:
- Perform any other tasks as required by the Chief, Partnerships and Communications.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in information and data science, economics, public policy, business administration, or related fields.
- Minimum 7 year’s of relevant professional experience in relevant fields.
- Experience with digital development, including capacity building and technical assistance.
- Experience in programme management at the field level.
- Experience in digital development with private sector actors would be desirable.
- Experience with programme strategy development and implementation would be an asset.
- Experience working in the African context on issues relevant for this position would be desirable.
- Experience working with UN agencies, development partners and actors on digital development would be an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Professional level fluency of French is desirable.
- Knowledge of additional UN languages would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.