Deadline: 1 May 2022
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Director of Human Resources in Rome, Italy.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Director of Human Resources will perform the following functions:
- Lead the formulation, integration and implementation of relevant policies, innovative corporate initiatives, programmes and tools relating to Human Resources to ensure our field operations meet the mandate of WFP
- Act as a strategic business advisor to the Executive Director and senior management on human resource strategy, policies and best practices.
- Build relationships with business unit leaders to promote change management needed for key transformational initiatives
- Provide effective leadership to the HR division to ensure the continued development and coaching of a cohesive and high performing team.
- Build capability for HR expertise across the HR function, helping to complete the transformation of HR from a transactional and process-oriented function to a strategic, field-oriented business partner.
- Lead and drive organizational change to achieve the identified HR Management vision.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in Human Resources Management/Development, Law, Business/Public Administration, or other related areas or First University degree with additional relevant experience and/or advanced training/courses.
- Minimum 15 year’s of HR experience at the senior level, of which at least six at international level.
- Knowledge of functional human resources disciplines, including Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Policy Development, Staff Learning and Development, Contracts and Entitlements, Workforce and Succession Planning, Performance Management, Staff Relations, etc.
- Experience in leading, coaching and motivating large and diverse teams and driving high performance.
- Proven track record of dealing with and influencing at the highest levels within and beyond the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to translate organizational strategies into actionable HR strategies and objectives.
- Analytical and strategic thinker with ability to create integrated global HR solutions to support organizational goals, in alignment with global HR strategies.
- Understanding of UN / WFP specific HR principles, processes and systems is an asset.
- Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working language)
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.