Deadline: 28 November 2018
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Director of Programme Development & Quality in Kabul, Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Director of Programme Development & Quality will perform the following functions:
- Driving cross-functional engagement in the development and delivery of Country Strategy Plans (CSPs), developing annual plans and reporting on results.
- Ensuring development and delivery of high quality, evidence-based, innovative programs for children, in all contexts, that contribute to Save the Children’s global Breakthroughs: Learn, Survive, Be Protected.
- Ensuring that a robust monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) system is in place, that the country office engages in the collection and use of evidence and that this is shared across the global organization, and that reliable data is used for decision-making.
- Ensuring capability building, mentoring and coaching of technical specialists in order to support program quality in line with global standards and key performance indicators.
- Playing a representational role with the government, donors, partners, peer agencies, SC Members and others.
- Supporting strategic positioning with donors and partners and leads on project design to ensure that the country office strategy can be delivered in line with child rights programming principles.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Masters Degree or Bachelor’s Degree, and experience in relevant social science (especially in Child Development or Community Development), human rights, development studies, NGO management or equivalent fields.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive senior management and/ or development experience, including experience designing and implementing programs for children.
- Experience in one or more of Save the Children’s thematic sectors: education, child protection, child rights governance, health and nutrition, child poverty, emergencies.
- Understanding of advocacy, policy, and government systems in the host country, and particular experience with child rights programming, including UNCRC.
- Strong skills and proven experience in leading strategic planning, change management and program management processes; also from the knowledge and learning perspective.
- Skills in training, capability building, coaching, mentorship, problem solving, and project cycle management.
- High level of self-awareness and willingness to take feedback for growth and self-development.
- Proven experience as a team player and leader in an international organisation.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their CV and covering letter in English through online process.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.