Deadline: 30 August 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Director, Operational Support and Services in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 24 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Director, Operational Support and Services will perform the following functions:
- Ensure effective direction, management, and accountability of the Department in delivering its objectives through managing and inspiring a diverse workforce and ensuring an efficient use of the Department’s financial resources.
- Develop strategies and provide substantive advice to executive management and leadership (including Regional Offices) in all areas of support services administration, records and archives, building and facilities management, fleet management, travel and meeting management, and security.
- Develop and ensure implementation of longer-term integrated service management strategies with a view to maximizing service operations, economizing costs and optimizing service results in diversified, complex and evolving environments.
- Establish, and/or approve broad administrative procedures for the provision of services and monitor their implementation.
- Ensure effective coordination of all service arrangements for constitutional meetings and other major conferences organized or hosted by WHO/HQ.
- Formulate and implement the Department’s staff and activity workplans, including the associated performance indicators and outputs.
- Represent WHO at inter-agency levels and in dealing with external bodies, host Government and non-governmental organizations in matters concerning support services administration, facilities management, travel and security.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in management, business administration or another related field.
- Minimum 15 year’s of relevant practical experience in a national/ international setting, with increasing levels of managerial responsibility, including experience providing senior level advice and guidance to Senior Management/Decision makers, managing human and financial resources, as well as experience in developing and establishing policies and strategies in a medium to large organization, in the private or public sector.
- Experience in managing infrastructure, security, operational and travel services.
- Demonstrated ability to manage change in a large public, or private sector organization.
- Project management experience.
- Strong skills in developing and establishing polices and strategies in the area of work.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and supervise staff of various backgrounds and develop a team approach to issues.
- Proven analytical abilities and demonstrated skills in presenting complex policy issues orally and in writing, including the ability to engage, build consensus and communicate effectively and diplomatically with Member States, partners and media.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.