Deadline: 23 July 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Director, Private Fundraising and Partnerships in Geneva, Switzerland.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Director, Private Fundraising and Partnerships will perform the following functions:
- Lead the implementation and delivery of agreed private sector resource mobilization and partnership strategies and objectives including, but not limited to, fundraising and shared value partnerships with individual, corporate, foundation and philanthropic partners.
- Lead the formulation of UNICEF’s private fundraising and partnership strategies, goals and objectives.
- Ensure coherent and resourced UNICEF-wide strategies and approaches with National Committees and selected Country Offices, private and corporate partners.
- Ensure proper financial and KPI related business reporting with subsequent management review and guidance for corrective action planning.
- Lead in collaboration with other parts of the organization as well as National Committees and provide leadership on exploring and applying innovative solutions for fundraising, including global fundraising using digital tools, blended finance solutions and others.
- In collaboration with Public Partnerships Division (PPD), Division of Communication (DOC), National Committees and others, provide leadership in organizing global fundraising campaigns.
- Assume overall accountability for shared value partnerships with private sector partners.
- Actively support and manage the strategic relationship with National Committees.
- Oversee monitoring of compliance with the Cooperation Agreement between UNICEF and National Committees and the development and implementation of other monitoring and oversight tools and framework, including for improved governance and risk management.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in business administration, public administration, international relations, social sciences or related area.
- Minimum 15 year’s of professional development experience that combines intellectual and managerial leadership in development cooperation at the international level, some of which served in developing countries.
- Relevant professional experience in any UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Prior experience of working in resource mobilization, partnership development, particularly with the private sector, will be an asset.
- Experience in leading and managing a large team is required.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to implement clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies, identify priority activities and assignments, adjust priorities as required.
- Demonstrated ability for leadership, alliance and relationship building, negotiation and advocacy, and ability to work under broad guidelines in a sometimes politically charged environment, and for strategic and global thinking.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is considered an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.