Deadline: 26 June 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Emergency Administration Specialist in Caracas, Venezuela.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Emergency Administration Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Collaborate with the Country Office Administrator to effectively and efficiently implement emergency/disaster response operations within required timeframes.
- Oversee and manage administrative and operational activities related to emergency operations, including budgeting, finance, human resources, procurement, and travel activities.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Country Office Administrator to implement systems, norms and procedures for the administration of the response operation’s human, financial and material resources, as well as for the control and evaluation of such processes.
- Adapt and propose alternatives or modification for standard/non-standard procedures aimed at expediting implementation of response operations.
- Manage and coordinate with country office (CO) administration, the mobilization of personnel and equipment to the affected areas, long term agreements (LTAs) and memoranda of understanding (MOUs) related to the emergency response.
- Ensure that PAHO’s emergency standard operating procedures (SOPs) are followed.
- Ensure compliance with the Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS) for the response operation.
- Advise the PAHO/WHO Representation on processes to activate and implement the Special Emergency Procedures.
- Coordinate with CO Administration in the negotiation of contracts with vendors and service providers to ensure cost-effective, quality, and timely service; carry out and supervise local procurement of goods and services related to the emergency.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, public administration, public relations, finance, economics or in any of the areas related to the functions of the position, from a recognized university.
- Training in administrative emergency management would be an asset.
- 7 year’s of combined national and international experience in administration, field operations, program planning, project management, disaster management, program evaluation, finance, budgeting, administration, or a related field.
- Experience in disaster/emergency management /humanitarian response and working with UN organizations would be an asset.
- Very good knowledge of Spanish or English with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.