Deadline: 8 May 2017
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Energy Specialist in Kabul, Afghanistan.
The Energy Specialist will coordinate and lead in the implementation and administration of loans, technical assistance (TAs) projects, and non-lending products and services (NLPS) in the energy sector.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Energy Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Develop strategies for the energy sector in Afghanistan, in consultation with relevant government agencies.
- Conduct policy dialogue and develop policy based programs to assist government to undertake energy sector reform, ensure efficient use of resources and encourage participation of the private sector.
- Identify investment opportunities in the energy sector for sustainable economic growth.
- Develop regional sector strategies and initiate regional projects in consultation with national and regional energy organizations and international financial institutions.
- Initiate and develop loan and TA projects in the energy sector.
- Liaise and coordinate with development agencies on development of program loans and investment projects.
- Ensure key technical, economic, financial and crosscutting issues are incorporated into projects.
- Ensure technical, procurement, disbursement, and contract administration issues are timely resolved during loan and TA implementation.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Engineering/Economics/Business Administration or other related specialized fields.
- University degree in Engineering/Economics/Business Administration/Social Sciences or other related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.