Deadline: 16 June 2020
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Enterprise Development Specialist in Beirut, Lebanon.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Enterprise Development Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide policy advice to ILO constituents and other stakeholders on strategies to promote decent work through customized and integrated approaches to enterprise development in line with the ILO sustainable enterprise development strategy and with specific reference to entrepreneurship, small business development, responsible business conduct, enterprise formalisation, productivity enhancement, market systems, social finance, social and solidarity economy and greening of enterprises.
- Initiate and guide technical work at a country level including the analysis of data, statistics, normative frameworks and national policies.
- Provide technical backstopping support to project coordinators tasked with the implementation of ILO facilitated sustainable enterprise development projects.
- Coordinate and participate in tripartite reviews on development cooperation activities and meetings and conferences at the national, regional, and international level.
- Prepare working papers and articles on aspects of the ILO sustainable enterprise development. Disseminate information on programmes/projects through publications, press releases and other means of communication.
- Organize and conduct capacity building for national constituents; promote and ensure knowledge sharing.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in economics, business administration or related social sciences with demonstrated expertise in the relevant technical field.
- 8 year’s experience at the national level or 5 year’s at the international level in the field of private sector development and SME and entrepreneurship promotion.
- Experience in resource mobilization and developing and implementing development cooperation projects.
- Excellent command of English.
- Working knowledge of a second official language (French, Spanish) of the Organization would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.