Deadline: 16 June 2020
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Enterprise Development Specialist in Beirut, Lebanon.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Enterprise Development Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide policy advice to ILO constituents and other stakeholders on strategies to promote decent work through customized and integrated approaches to enterprise development in line with the ILO sustainable enterprise development strategy and with specific reference to entrepreneurship, small business development, responsible business conduct, enterprise formalisation, productivity enhancement, market systems, social finance, social and solidarity economy and greening of enterprises.
- Initiate and guide technical work at a country level including the analysis of data, statistics, normative frameworks and national policies.
- Provide technical backstopping support to project coordinators tasked with the implementation of ILO facilitated sustainable enterprise development projects.
- Coordinate and participate in tripartite reviews on development cooperation activities and meetings and conferences at the national, regional, and international level.
- Prepare working papers and articles on aspects of the ILO sustainable enterprise development. Disseminate information on programmes/projects through publications, press releases and other means of communication.
- Organize and conduct capacity building for national constituents; promote and ensure knowledge sharing.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in economics, business administration or related social sciences with demonstrated expertise in the relevant technical field.
- 8 year’s experience at the national level or 5 year’s at the international level in the field of private sector development and SME and entrepreneurship promotion.
- Experience in resource mobilization and developing and implementing development cooperation projects.
- Excellent command of English.
- Working knowledge of a second official language (French, Spanish) of the Organization would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.