Deadline: 25 July 2018
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Ethics & Compliance Officer in Copenhagen, Denmark. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Ethics & Compliance Officer will perform the following functions-
- Develop the Ethics and Compliance Office strategy and frameworks as well as establish the annual work plan in collaboration with the team and stakeholders, set objectives, performance measurements, standards and results expected.
- Monitor implementation of the Ethics and Compliance Office work plan, oversee progress and ensure the delivery of results as planned and according to expectation.
- Evaluate the Office activities/initiatives, to ensure alignment with organisational strategic plans, relevant frameworks and standards
- Ensure appropriate management and coordination of the financial declaration programme within UNOPS, independent of external providers
- Drive the periodic review and update of UNOPS’ financial disclosure policy and procedures, harmonised with those in the UN system.
- Serve as a key adviser to the senior management, with respect to the compliance and ethical implications of the organisation’s major decisions, strategies and transactions.
- Contribute to the formulation of UNOPS overall strategies and policies through advisory services and participation in senior management consultation on current and future business operations and strategy development and planning.
- Ensure policy holders are proactively engaged, to achieve clarity around compliance management and integrity standards, to eliminate conflict of interest in the UNOPS policies and governance.
- Ensure appropriate guidance is available on UN code of conduct (as outlined in the relevant staff regulations and rules, the Standards of Conduct for the International Civil Service, and applicable administrative issuance).
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as Business Administration, Public Administration.
- Minimum 10 years of international professional and progressive work experience in public and/or private institutions, encompassing ethics ( at least 7 years) and balance in compliance management, accountability & compliance frameworks, risk management, governance, and internal quality control.
- Recognized relevant certification and knowledge of current industry best practices relating to compliance management would be an asset.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Proficiency in another UN official language, in particular French or Spanish would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.