Deadline: 2 December 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Executive Assistant in Bujumbura, Burundi. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing a variety of executive administrative and administrative support to the UN Women Country Representative maintaining full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment and, in close coordination with the Country Office management and staff, for managing the efficient flow of information and communications to ensure expeditious dissemination of information, timely action and compliance with established deadlines.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Provide executive support to the UN Women Country Representative
- Manage the UN Women Country Representative’s calendar, and schedule of appointments and meetings.
- Arrange travel and hotel accommodations and other logistics for the UN Women Country Representative.
- Provide administrative support to the UN Women Country Representative
- Undertake the logistical, administrative and financial arrangements, to organize meetings, events, and workshops.
- Organize and attend meetings and events, prepare minutes and summaries.
- Prepare and assemble briefing materials and PowerPoint presentations for the Country Representative for meetings, missions and other key events.
- Provide effective communication and information management support to the CO
- Facilitate flow of information and communication between the UN Women Country Representative Office and other units within or outside of UN Women.
- Review, prioritize and route correspondence to and from the UN Women Country Representative; take proactive follow-up action and keep the Country Representative informed.
- Provide support to the Country Representative Office’s external relations activities
- Facilitate the Country Representative’s interaction with various external partners through written, verbal and electronic communication, and through collaborative and proactive relationships with counterparts and colleagues in partner offices.
- Receive and greet high ranking officials/visitors.
- Ensure protocol matters, receive high ranking visitors/officials, coordinate logistical arrangements related to visits.
- Provide general administrative and logistical support to the Office in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations
- Monitor and maintain office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution, as required.
- Maintain files and records relevant to office premises and related maintenance.
- Perform Buyer role in Atlas and prepare Purchase Orders; as alternate.
- Contribute to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support for effective knowledge management and sharing within the office and other offices/HQs.
- Build and share knowledge and experience related to administrative and operations support.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or public administration is an asset.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience with administrative, secretarial, or programme experience.
- Experience in the use of computer applications and software packages such as Microsoft Office, and web-based management systems.
- Experience with the ATLAS system is an asset.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Nationality of Burundi.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UN Women.