Deadline: 25 September 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Executive Assistant in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Office management
- Review incoming correspondence and ensurer outing to responsible officer, attaching background documents and highlighting areas requiring action.
- Draft replies on general and administrative matters.
- Ensure outgoing correspondence and reports conform to WHO standards.
- Develop tracking tools to follow up target dates and deadlines.
- Create and/or maintain filing systems and ensure updated information.
- Programme support
- Provide support in the monitoring implementation of the work plan, including timely information on budget ceiling/award budgets, monitor income and expenditure and funds available.
- Follow up on financial/budgetary issues and ensure timely processing of committal documents.
- Assist in the preparation of financial and technical progress reports to donors.
- Prepare contracts for consultants, Agreement for Performance (APW), Technical Services Agreements (TSA) and General External Services requests (GES).
- Record receipt of deliverables and initiate and monitor payment.
- Meeting Administration/Duty Travel
- Coordinate administrative preparation for meetings, seminars, workshops, ensuring all necessary documents and travel requests are sent to participants.
- Prepare relevant documents and power-point presentations.
- Obtain briefing and prepare background materials for meetings, seminars, workshops, etc.
- Ensure complete documentation is provided to the unit staff attending the meeting
- Prepare travel requests for official travel, make flight and hotel reservations, prepare travel files and ensure logistic arrangements for smooth conduct of the meetings/workshops in the office and outside venues.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of Secondary School Education.
- Training in secretarial practices.
- University Degree is an asset.
- 5 year’s experience in secretarial/clerical/administrative work.
- Experience in WHO or in another UN/International organization would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and practices.
- Ability to draft standard correspondence.
- Ability to handle work in a timely and accurate manner with tact and discretion, as required.
- Ability to maintain and update knowledge in the use of office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training and/or self-training.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.