Deadline: 31 May 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Executive Assistant in Managua, Nicaragua. The duration of this post 2 years.
The Executive Assistant is responsible to provide high quality administrative support to the LCCNI Resident Representative who is based in Managua.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Work with a high-level of discretion in providing wide-ranging executive assistance in setting and managing priorities and the work flow of the Country Manager/Resident Representative.
- Coordinate the Country Manager’s/Resident Representative’s schedule of meetings and appointments to ensure effective time management; screen, track, prioritize and follow-up all incoming email and documents, preparing responses as requested.
- Ensure relevant documents and papers are available for meetings, deadlines are met, and documents requiring signature are of high quality and adhere to administrative and operational guidelines.
- Prioritize and channel telephone calls and mail; monitor and follow-up on issues and priorities, ensuring that appropriate consultations take place.
- Assign work to ACS in coordination with Country Manager/Resident Representative to even out the workload across teams and ensure coverage and to adjust staffing levels during major events or peak periods.
- Oversee ACS staff including coaching, training and mentoring.
- Provide guidance to ACS staff, drivers and temporary assistants, i.e. coordinating work assignments and providing input to the OPE process.
- Coordinate logistics for recruitment and appointment of all local hires.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of all ACS, including organizing short listing and interview panels.
- Provide orientation and guidance for new locally recruited staff.
- Coordinate logistics for the Performance Management process for the Country Office.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum High School Diploma with 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum Years of Relevant Experience with High School Diploma: 5 (internal candidates), 7 (external candidates); combinations of higher education qualifications with less experience may be considered.
- Strong English language skills (verbal and written), including ability to draft a variety of correspondence and edit materials using proper grammar, punctuation and style.
- Good team player with ability to interact tactfully and effectively with staff at all levels.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Bank Group administrative/operational procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in advanced functions of standard Bank technology packages.
- Good knowledge of and demonstrated experience in specialized administrative/operational support functions (e.g., database management, knowledge management, task management, major event/course planning, etc.) and ability to apply relevant procedures, processes and systems.
- Extensive knowledge of unit’s business processes and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of the unit’s work program.
- Analytical ability, practical problem-solving skills and resourcefulness in performing varied tasks in the area(s) of functional specialty.
- Strong inter-personal skills and commitment to work in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated skills in retrieving, gathering and obtaining information from various sources (Internet, etc.) and pulling them together in a usable format
- Ability to prepare presentation materials using various software packages with minimum guidance.
- Ability to provide guidance to less experienced staff.
- Nationality of Nicaragua.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.