Deadline: 18 August 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Executive Associate in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Executive Associate will perform the following functions-
- Provide executive support to the Policy, Programme and Intergovernmental Division:
- Manage the UN Women Director’s calendar, and schedule of appointments and meetings.
- Arrange travel and hotel accommodations and other logistics for the UN Women Director.
- Maintain roster of CO/MCO/RO contacts; update electronic mailing lists.
- Answer and screen calls for the Director with tact and discretion.
- Manage administrative files on the Director’s mission travel and mission reports.
- Research files, collect information and organize materials to meet the Director’s request.
- Provide administrative support to the Director, Policy, Programme and Intergovernmental Division:
- Undertake the logistical, administrative and financial arrangements, to organize meetings, events, and workshops.
- Organize and attend meetings and events, prepare minutes and summaries.
- Prepare and assemble briefing materials and PowerPoint presentations for the Director for meetings, missions and other key events.
- Organize and monitor the office filing system.
- Follow up with the Director on deadlines and commitments.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or public administration is an asset.
- Who do not have a university degree or an accredited certification in the related field will be required to complete the Global General Service Test (GGST) – formerly known as the UN Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT).
- At least 6 year’s of progressively responsible experience with administrative, secretarial, or executive assistant work.
- Experience in the use of computer applications and software packages such as Microsoft Office, and web-based management systems.
- Experience with the ATLAS system is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.