Deadline: 16 June 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of External Relations Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The External Relations Officer will perform the following functions:
- Conduct donor analysis in terms of political analysis and funding to include assessing the context, donor history, likely future directions of the relationship with WHO, potential resource mobilization opportunities, pain points and remedies for application towards a strategic plan.
- Develop a partnership engagement plan for rapid scale-up for each contributor in the portfolio to include a set of strategic objectives for the development of the relationship. Following this, develop an action plan set to time with deliverables to achieve financial and qualitative targets agreed.
- Convene contributor relationship management teams internally within WHO and externally for the implementation of the engagement plan.
- Externally, meet with the partner representatives as required for the coordination of engagement strategies and undertake regular visits to donor capitals as required to develop/validate findings and reach out to new potential partners.
- Engage the relationship lines between WHO and the contributor to build up a clear and integrated picture of the Organization’s engagement overall.
- Provide support to senior management, technical clusters and regional offices in their engagements on behalf of WHO including travel, meeting preparation etc.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in international or public relations, business administration, communications, social sciences, law or related field relevant to the position.
- Professional certification or other specific training in external relations.
- At least 7 year’s combined national and international experience in resource mobilization and/or external relations, including at least five years’ resource mobilization experience, two of which in a United Nations System or NGO context.
- Experience in writing and editing, particularly in the context of donor reporting/relations and in developing messaging for advocacy purposes.
- Experience working with and/or influencing funding systems, donor organization and decision-makers.
- Experience in grant management and administration processes.
- At least 5 year’s of experience in the UN system.
- Strong skills in the area of external relations, resource mobilization and grant management.
- Excellent skills negotiation with governmental and nongovernmental partners.
- Good experience in effective working relations with multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Ability to guide, support and encourage colleagues to work towards common goals.
- Sound level of judgement, responsibility and initiative.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.