Deadline: 5 March 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Field Programme Associate in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of the post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Field Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Ensure effective operational support to the FAO field programmes and projects executed in the Office; ensure consistency with the Organization’s operational requirements and the FAO’s rules and regulations;
- Participate in the identification, formulation and preparation of programme, project and workplan proposals in line with the new Project Cycle Guide; participate in the preparation of draft project documents; ensure high quality and consistency;
- Ensure that the necessary financial and human resources are in place and that the appropriate goods and services are procured for the effective functioning of projects, in collaboration with others on the project team;
- Coordinate the monitoring and review of project implementation to ensure that all operational activities are carried out in line with the work plan and the project document; coordinate the review of inputs, expenditures and time frames; identify inconsistencies and delays and, when necessary, propose corrective measures to overcome operational constraints;
- Accompany field visits to project sites and/or accompany project managers and/or experts in their meetings with donors and government officials;
- Coordinate the collection, maintenance, distribution and consolidation of technical and operational data. ensuring that all project-related data and documentation is up-to-date in the Field Programme Management Information System (FPMIS): analyse and summarize data from various sources, including FAO corporate systems, draft periodic or ad hoc management reports, verify data, answer queries and obtain additional information on transactions and operational matters;
- Prepare and finalize correspondence of operational nature regarding programme / project matters; initiate correspondence to verify data, answer queries, and obtain additional information on transactions and operational matters, as required.
- Ensure appropriate recording and administrative processing of requests and inputs for FAO’s assistance received by Government, donors or other organizations.
- Review current processes and make recommendations to improve programme/projects’ operational and administrative procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
Applicant must have:
- Secondary School Education.
- Five years of experience in administrative/ financial/ planning/ programming/ budgeting activities for both Regular Programme and Projects.
- Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Exchange).
- Ability to effectively use project management software and other information systems /databases.
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.