Deadline: 13 May 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Field Security Officer (Regional Adviser) in Santiago, Chile. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Field Security Officer (Regional Adviser) will perform the following functions-
- Serve as Safety and Security Focal Point for the Regional Office.
- Apply and monitor the implementation of established Organization and applicable United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS) policies and procedures on Safety and Security in the AoR.
- Make recommendations with a view to ensuring continuing compliance with the UN System-wide Security Risk Management Measures (SRMM) and the Residential Security Measures (RSM) and follows up on these recommendations to ensure their implementation in the AoR.
- Advise the Heads of Decentralized Offices in the designated AoR on all Safety and Security matters;
- Contribute to the permanent coordination with the United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS), with government counterparts and other local authorities in the AoR (political and humanitarian, police, military, etc.) as required;
- Undertake missions to the Decentralized Ooffices in the AoR and assesses prevailing local security conditions, identifying security trends and advising staff, project personnel and dependents on potential security problems, advises on shortfalls and forwards recommendations, submits back to office reports (BTORs) and follows the implementation of the BTORs’ conclusions and recommendations.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in risk or emergency management, social/political science, military science, public administration, law enforcement, law or a related area;
- 5 year’s of relevant experience in risk management and/or safety and security service in a national security and/or military setting including two years in a leadership role;
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and Spanish
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.