Deadline: 28 February 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance and Administration Officer in Loikaw, Myanmar.
The Finance and Administration Officer is responsible to carry financial and administration tasks to respond to the needs of program and technical departments, and to support field offices finance and administration teams while building their capacity.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance and Administration Officer will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Financial support
- Assist with preparation of the budget.
- Implement financial SOPs, policies and procedures.
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger.
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements.
- Ensure data and transactions are properly recorded and entered into accounting systems.
- Prepare Income statements and balance sheets as needed.
- Cash control
- Establish and maintain cash controls.
- Monitor cash reserves and investments.
- Prepare monthly cash requests and prepare weekly cash reports.
- Recruitment and compensations & benefits
- Ensure staff recruitment and contracting process is in line with DRC procedure and the local labor law.
- Update recruitment tracker.
- Send out job offers and process the paperwork for new hires.
- People planning, performance, development and well-being
- Monitor and update staff leave balance.
- Ensure that all staff personnel records are properly maintained and regularly updated.
- Ensure that DRC internal documents are filled in correctly.
- Support in writing Terms of References for staff.
- Administrative tasks in relation to performance and development processes.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance or similar – or equivalent professional qualification.
- At least 2 years of work experience with an international NGO in similar role.
- Computer proficiency highly desirable, particularly the use of MS Excel.
- Advanced English proficiency.
- Fluency in local language.
- Perform any other relevant tasks as requested by Line Manager and/or Area Manager.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.