Deadline: 27 February 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Kitgum, Uganda.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Finance and accounting:
- Daily accounting (bookkeeping) according to DRC financial handbook.
- Manage petty cash and clear cash advances upon request.
- Prepare monthly cash counts.
- Maintain proper filing of all financial documentation (vouchers, contracts, tender documents, etc.).
- Cash Box counting according to the financial handbook.
- Transferring payments when needed and follows up with partners’ reports.
- Follows a given work plan.
- Routine record keeping.
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern.
- Assist with collecting, reviewing, correcting and filing all financial progress reports from the partners.
- Support financial report preparations.
- Submit progress and status reports”.
- Adhere to DRC Code of Conduct and DRC specific procurement procedures within the Supply Chain department.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Diploma or equivalent professional qualification in Business Administration, Accounting, Financing, Commerce.
- CPA, ACCA certification is considered an asset.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Experience in administrative tasks, including filing systems.
- Experience with carrying out admin tasks.
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills in order to meet deadlines.
- NGO experience.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision.
- Advanced English proficiency.
- Fluency in local language.
- Excellent communication skills in English is required.
- Fluency in English and other local languages in the area of implementations an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.