Deadline: 1 July 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Namkham, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 3 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Transfer and Payment
- Compile weekly Cash Forecasts and Cash Transfer Request for Base, and liaise with Lashio finance for monthly CTR if needed.
- Ensure timely payments of all program expenditures and proper recording of all financial transactions in both online and offline transactions.
- Regular monitoring of the expenses requested is in line with the project budget and budget availability and update regularly commitment overview and allocation tools.
- Support programme staff at field level with payments/cash transfer.
- When necessary, follow the programme team to the field to support making program related payments.
- Ensure to handover the related financial documents as keep record and compile the DRC financial rules and regulation.
- Ensure all expenses enter the DRC Dynamics in time and of highest quality.
- Ensure all cash/bank accounts statements are reconciled.
- Ensure financial procedures are understood and adhered to by staff, for example, making available corresponding documentation, policies and procedures.
- Ensure daily recording of expenditures into financial matrixes, e.g. cash book, daily manual cashbook, etc., and end of the month expenditures closing and reporting to the SS Team Leader.
- Ensure all financial documentation is properly filed, and easily available for eventual audit.
- Organize and prepare daily, weekly and monthly cash count including emergency money with SS Team Leader (Head of Base)/OIC.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum 2 year’s of relevant work experience in financial/accounting field.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Familiar to use accounting system.
- Qualification of LCCI level-II.
- Basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word.
- Advanced English proficiency.
- Experience in working in NGOs.
- Working level of English (Excel and Reporting).
- Fluency in Burmese and local languages.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.