Deadline: 23 April 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide financial reporting, general accounting, project accounting, and/or investment related services in accordance with FAO policies and regulatory framework.
- Collect and analyse financial information for inclusion in statutory and/or management reports, financial statements, and/or reports to donors as well as specific reports for Governing Bodies, donors and other partners.
- Contribute to updating financial policies and related tools, systems, technologies and related procedures.
- Respond to requests for assistance from managers and staff at HQ and the Decentralized Offices.
- Exchange and/or provide information to banks, other financial institutions, donors and partners and provides information/clarification to auditors.
- Participate in the development of training and related training materials and promotes best practices and capacity development at HQ and in Decentralized Offices.
- Participate in Finance Division teams, leads working groups, and/or collaborates with other departments on short-term assignments.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field.
- 5 year’s of relevant experience in finance, accounting and/or business analysis.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of French and English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.