Deadline: 6 July 2021
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Define, manage and maintain RBSA donor awards in Oracle Grants Accounting (OGA). Process awards, project funding and instalments Office-wide.
- Create and maintain project budgets and budget revisions. Provide guidance and advice to departments and units on budget creation and revisions, validate compliance of budget proposals.
- Maintain RBSA financial procedures, drafts circulars, manuals and provide input to relevant internal governance document system documents.
- Advise and support BUD/REG staff as well as end-users on RBSA specificities in reviewing purchase orders, travel transactions, staff encumbrances and funds checking issues. Define and set up RBSA standard costs worldwide. Prepare training materials and deliver training as required.
- Liaise with PROGRAM, support departments and external office programming and finance staff to ensure timely and compliant financial closure of RBSA projects.
- Provide advice and guidance concerning RBSA financial practices, processes and tools. Identify improvements, define requirements for process automation and amelioration.
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc financial reports and related narratives on Regular Budget Supplementary Account position, for internal and external stakeholders and relevant Governing Body papers.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced university Degree in business administration, finance or accounting or equivalent professional qualification in order to have knowledge and understanding of the application of financial principles and procedures and of the whole structure of accounts.
- Professional financial and accounting experience at the national level for over 3 year’s and 2 year’s at the international level.
- Sound understanding of and experience in project based budgeting.
- Excellent command of one official language (English, French or Spanish) of the Organization and a working knowledge of another official language. Knowledge of a third official language would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.