Deadline: 27 November 2017
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Banjul, Gambia. The duration for this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions-
- Full compliance with the provisions of the UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations, the Finance Manual and Finance and Budget Technical Instructions in all financial transactions, recording, reporting, etc.
- Country Offices business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in the Country Offices, control of the workflow in the Finance unit.
- Continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial situation in the Country Offices.
- Analysis and elaboration of proposals on cost-saving and reduction strategies (including introduction and development of e-banking).
- Routinely monitoring of financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions, and investigation of anomalies or unusual transactions.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree equivalent in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics or related field.
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree with 4 years of relevant professional experience in Finance or related field may be considered. Applicants with Technical/Professional Diploma Certification with 6 years may also well be considered.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing financial management services and managing staff and operational systems.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and newer versions) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Professional Certification in Accountant such as CPA, CA or ACCA etc would be an added advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.