Deadline: 15 May 2023
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Financial Control Analyst in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Financial Control Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Reviews and analyzes financial data, transactions and reports for accuracy, consistency and compliance with policies and established procedures; prepares and contributes to the preparation of financial statements and other reports in accordance with US GAAP; assists in performing various financial analysis to monitor and report on the nonsovereign operation products. Assists in maintaining books of accounts for nonsovereign loans, equity investments and guarantees; and ensures that accounting records/reports are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Reviews, analyzes, and identifies information technology requirements for effective and efficient operations; ensures accuracy and reliability of systems; proposes changes and revisions to existing systems and coordinates the needs of the work area with the Information Technology Department through the coordinating specialist in charge.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate and adequate internal controls and procedures in preparing financial reports and analysis; recommends changes and improvements to ensure accurate, complete and timely accounting in compliance with applicable accounting policies and guidelines; monitors account balances to ensure appropriate accounting treatments are applied and respective statements/reports are received and reconciled timely and regularly; prepares and verifies reconciliation reports of accounts; undertakes initial investigation of discrepancies for review by supervising staff; compiles, analyzes and reviews financial and accounting data as a basis for the preparation of reports; ensures the accuracy, consistency and propriety of supporting documentation for accounting transactions in compliance with accounting practices, established procedures and guidelines.
- Assists in reviewing, monitoring, and developing accounting policies and positions in response to new developments in ADB and accounting standards specifically relating to nonsovereign products.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, major in Accounting; and with Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification.
- At least 5 years of experience in auditing or accounting with some supervisory role, preferably in a highly computerized environment in a large organization.
- Good understanding of multilateral organizations’ products: loans, debt securities, equity investments, and guarantees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Good interpersonal skills, demonstrating ability to work cohesively with peers and clients and provide guidance and feedback to subordinates.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, particularly MS Word and MS Excel, and accounting and/or product (loans/equity) related software, such as Oracle ERP, LoanlQ, Summit.
- Good understanding of accounting policies, practices, systems, procedures, guidelines, and reporting requirements prevalent in multinational organizations or multilateral institutions.
- Analytical and systematic, with strong numerical skills and attention to details.
- Working knowledge of financial products of ADB, an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.