Deadline: 25 June 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Fund Raising Specialist in Geneva, Switzerland.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Fund Raising Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide training, consultancy, and mentoring in major donor fundraising to newly hired staff in National Committees or country offices on an agreed to individualized plan based the new staff person’s experience level and transferable skills in major donor fundraising.
- Prepare cases for support which can be readily distributed and adapted by major donor fundraisers for their prospects when emergency strikes.
- Ensure that major donor fundraisers have in place an emergency plan for major donor fundraising in alignment with the Emergency Preparedness Guide and Manual.
- Prepare cases for support which can be readily distributed and adapted by major donor fundraisers for their prospects as related to major initiatives launched by UNICEF.
- Include a full package of materials needed such as but not limited to elevator speeches, Q & A materials, and other material to prepare major donor fundraisers for solicitation of prospects.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree in marketing, communication, fundraising, nonprofit management, business administration or the equivalent.
- A first level University degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced University degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of major donor fundraising through fundraising achievements or technical expertise.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in fundraising development and management.
- At least 3 years of this experience is required in major donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- International experience is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of another UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is preferred.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.