Deadline: 28 January 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Fundraising Specialist in Panama City, Panama.
The Fundraising Specialist will provide tactical leadership across all areas of individual giving, driving best practice with the ultimate aim of maximising RR income for UNICEF from both Pledge and Legacy.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Fundraising Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Work with Country Office Teams to develop and optimise Individuals Giving Programmes in the LAC region.
- Provide excellent technical advice and work closely with the Specialists in Geneva to ensure that sufficient advice and support on key channels and in key markets is provided in order to maximise results.
- Identify suitable programs for further investment from PFP.
- Maximise the UNICEF network on a global basis to develop fundraising channels and priority countries in the region and bring best in class knowledge to the region, with a vision of overall increasing the quality and results of fundraising programmes.
- Track the regional trends in individual giving across the NGO sector, both inside and outside UNICEF LAC.
- Ensure continuous local testing, collate learnings and apply to our programs to maximise results.
- Advise on regional investment allocation and support the development of FDP and IROF investment applications, as well as the subsequent implementation and monitoring of these programs.
- Provide and develop regional fundraising communication packages based on best practice to enable the development of Legacy, Emergency and Pledge channels.
- Regarding knowledge management, facilitate the sharing of best practice between individual giving practitioners in UNICEF, via workshops, social media, and fundraising intranet and on an ad-hoc basis.
- Create & share global resources – e.g. scripts, presenters, best practice manuals.
- Be responsible for the relevant content on SharePoint.
- Provide support to markets in the event of a significant media-driven emergency, maximising the short and long term fundraising opportunities.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree in any of the following: Marketing, Fundraising, Business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences, Public Administration, International Relations, or equivalent.
- Bachelors in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 5 years hands-on experience, in progressively responsible roles, of managing and developing Individual Giving activities, with at least 3 of those years in charities/NGOs, including experience of international fundraising.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required for this post.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.