Deadline: 11 July 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Grants Specialist in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Grants Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Grants Support (50%)
- Be responsible for the delivery of quality narrative reports, reflecting the progress and status of projects, in a transparent, timely and professional manner.
- Contribute to addressing all comments and issues on proposals or reports, liaising with Programme Manager and finance to ensure coherence between financial and narrative reports.
- Ensure the DRC grants management system is regularly and fully updated. Includes Dynamics ERP system (creating grants, uploading documents, managing instalment tracking and billing rules, updating checklists and tasks assigned).
- Support grant relationships and communications with donors to ensure correct, compliant and smooth flow of information.
- Programme Support (50%)
- Support Head of Programmes and Programme Manager in administrative management, general reporting and communication of programme.
- Responsible for ensuring FD6s and FD7s applications are submitted, queries answered and applications are reported on in coordination with finance, Programme Liaison Specialist and Government Liaison Coordinator, with all documentation in line with government regulations.
- Maintain documentation and archiving of all FD applications and official authority communications, supporting coherence with any Bangla versions.
- Support the development of partnerships such as implementing partner identification and mapping, due diligence, support with selection, relationship management, capacity building and any closure processes.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or equivalent in relevant work experience.
- Minimum 3 year’s relevant experience in programme administration, office management, grants/contracting, narrative and financial reporting, or in a similar office role with a national or international NGO
- Proven experience in improving quality of delivery and process through methodical thinking and strong attention to detail.
- Significant experience in MS Word and Excel.
- Fluency spoken and written English and Bangla.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.