Deadline: 11 May 2018
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of Office in Venice, Italy. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Head of Office will perform the following functions-
- Ensure that all aspects of work in the Venice Office are at highest strategic, scientific and managerial standards and in accordance with WHO general rules and procedures, contributing to the WHO normative function.
- Lead and coordinates the technical support provided to Member States in strengthening responses to addressing the social determinants of health and reducing health inequities in accordance with their specific needs as defined primarily in the Biennial Collaborative Agreements and also in other agreed collaborations in non-BCA Member States and supporting implementation of decisions stemming from the endorsement of the European Health Policy Framework – Health 2020, the SDG roadmap, and in line with WHO Governing Bodies decisions and resolutions.
- Support and showcases the work of the PCR division reaching out to and working with other sectors and in working with Member States developing their national health policies and introducing whole of government and whole of society approaches for health and wellbeing.
- Lead, inspires and organizes, the WHO Venice Office towards achieving the relevant Division`s and Organization`s Programme Budget Deliverables in a timely manner and to a high quality standard, in accordance with both country and inter-country work plans and through the organizational arrangements set by the divisional director.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university (Master’s) degree in health policy, public health social sciences, social epidemiology and health administration and management.
- Doctorate in health policy, policy development, public health, international relations and development, health economics or health systems.
- At least 15 years of progressively responsible experience in public health with experience in developing, implementing and reviewing or evaluating multi-sectoral policies for health and equitable and sustainable development, of which at least 10 years at the international level.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.