Deadline: 15 July 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Head of Programme in Bujumbura, Burundi. The duration of this post is 1 year.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Head of Programme will perform the following functions:
- Management Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in the design, delivery and ensure the quality of DRC Tanzania-Burundi operations.
- Responsible for managing and developing staff under her/his supervision and ensuring that DRC’s values are incorporated and upheld.
- Support the Country Director (CD) in achieving goals, maintain program quality and when necessary serve as the Acting Country Director in the absence of the CD.
- Support the development of expertise in each sector and supports the agenda for capacity building of national staff.
- Responsible for ensuring that the programme is donor compliant and respects DRC accountability principles.
- Fundraising and new programme development:
- Lead in the development of the DRC Tanzania-Burundi fundraising strategy.
- In collaboration with the CD and the Grants Manager responsible for fundraising and donor contract management.
- Support fundraising from traditional and new donors.
- Supports opening of new strategic locations for program expansion.
- Programme strategy within DRC’s overall Country, Regional and Global strategic frameworks:
- Ensure all staff understand the regional and global frameworks.
- In collaboration with Regional Office, manage a consultative process for local strategy development, and play a leading role in annual programme portfolio analyses.
- Responsible for the coordination of quarterly meetings, project kick off and closure meetings, and the Annual Review meetings.
- Facilitate synergy between DRC’s program activities.
- Promote development of sectoral strategies that contribute to programme strategy.
Applicants must have:
- Post-graduate Degree in relevant social disciplines such as international relations, social sciences business administration, management, law/human rights.
- Minimum 7 year’s professional work experience in displacement setting and/or humanitarian/ recovery/ development work.
- Technical expertise and experience in livelihoods, WASH, protection, durable solutions, infrastructural programming in post conflict setting is an advantage.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated experience in donor contacting, fundraising and networking.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to negotiate effectively between different stakeholders, and to represent DRC at high level forums.
- Extensive experience in representation and networking, in particular with Government authorities, EU, humanitarian and development actors.
- Demonstrated project, program and human resource management experience, including working with local partners.
- Experience of managing budgets and multiple donor contracts.
- Hands on experience in managing staff in insecure and remote locations with strong human resource management skills in general.
- Proven commitment to accountable practices and knowledgeable of quality assurance systems.
- Fluency and articulate in French and English (speaking, writing, reading) is essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.