Deadline: 15 July 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Head of Programme in Bujumbura, Burundi. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Head of Programme will perform the following functions:
- Management Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in the design, delivery and ensure the quality of DRC Tanzania-Burundi operations.
- Responsible for managing and developing staff under her/his supervision and ensuring that DRC’s values are incorporated and upheld.
- Support the Country Director (CD) in achieving goals, maintain program quality and when necessary serve as the Acting Country Director in the absence of the CD.
- Support the development of expertise in each sector and supports the agenda for capacity building of national staff.
- Responsible for ensuring that the programme is donor compliant and respects DRC accountability principles.
- Fundraising and new programme development:
- Lead in the development of the DRC Tanzania-Burundi fundraising strategy.
- In collaboration with the CD and the Grants Manager responsible for fundraising and donor contract management.
- Support fundraising from traditional and new donors.
- Supports opening of new strategic locations for program expansion.
- Programme strategy within DRC’s overall Country, Regional and Global strategic frameworks:
- Ensure all staff understand the regional and global frameworks.
- In collaboration with Regional Office, manage a consultative process for local strategy development, and play a leading role in annual programme portfolio analyses.
- Responsible for the coordination of quarterly meetings, project kick off and closure meetings, and the Annual Review meetings.
- Facilitate synergy between DRC’s program activities.
- Promote development of sectoral strategies that contribute to programme strategy.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Post-graduate Degree in relevant social disciplines such as international relations, social sciences business administration, management, law/human rights.
- Minimum 7 year’s professional work experience in displacement setting and/or humanitarian/ recovery/ development work.
- Technical expertise and experience in livelihoods, WASH, protection, durable solutions, infrastructural programming in post conflict setting is an advantage.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated experience in donor contacting, fundraising and networking.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to negotiate effectively between different stakeholders, and to represent DRC at high level forums.
- Extensive experience in representation and networking, in particular with Government authorities, EU, humanitarian and development actors.
- Demonstrated project, program and human resource management experience, including working with local partners.
- Experience of managing budgets and multiple donor contracts.
- Hands on experience in managing staff in insecure and remote locations with strong human resource management skills in general.
- Proven commitment to accountable practices and knowledgeable of quality assurance systems.
- Fluency and articulate in French and English (speaking, writing, reading) is essential.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.