Deadline: 24 November 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of Support Services in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Head of Support Services will offer overall direction and management of all support services in the operation, in close cooperation with the Country Director. He/She will ensure the existence of effective and efficient business support in the CO’s finance, human resources, procurement and logistics activities.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Head of Support Services will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Strategic Management Roles:
- Participate as a member of the SMT in the development of the mission and the Annual Plan in accordance with the DRC Global Policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving resource management in the mission, together with SMT.
- Manage, coordinate and coach functional head of departments.
- Risk Management Framework and compliance with external and internal regulations as well as continuous improvement to the internal control environment.
- Ensure financial regulations, procedures and documentation requirements are adhered to in DRC country operation.
- Provide overall financial planning support to Head of Programs, advise on spending and financial spending strategies, provide an accurate financial outlook of the programs on a regular basis.
- Provide inputs to budget development and guidance on overall financial management support to the budget holders.
- HR and Administration:
- Ensure that effective HR policies are in place and implemented.
- Uphold of the Code of Conduct among the personnel at the country office and in field locations through personal example.
- Ensure a sound HR and payroll management system compliant to DRC HR policies is in place.
- Supply Chain (Logistics, Procurement) and IT:
- Monitor procurement procedures and ensuring that items are accounted for and quality/quantity controlled in stock reports and asset inventory management system.
- Provide support to Logistics and Procurement Coordinator in the timely management and updating of all logistics reports and information as required by the organisation.
- Manage and implement Information Technology strategies of East Africa and Yemen Region.
- Team Management and Coordination:
- Develop a network with other INGOs on finance and administration-related topics and ensure proactive communication with all relevant stakeholders.
- Share and coordinate the administration and finance-related information with the Head of Programs and other staff, and attend any internal coordination meetings.
- Liaise with donors and government officials, especially in relation to the issues of compliance, registration, and audit.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Postgraduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting and Addition Professional qualification such as ACCA/CPA or equivalent is desired.
- 7 years INGO or other international agencies experience in finance and operations management in international humanitarian set up, including demonstrated ability to set up operational management systems in a large programme and direct experience of delivery of the humanitarian programme in an emergency response.
- At least 3 years proven experience in the implementation of an ERP system.
- Previous experience in setting up systems in a new country program is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge in preparing major international donor reports and knowledge of major donor rules including UNHCR, UNICEF, ECHO, EC, DFID, DANIDA, and USG.
- Proven Communication and Management Skills.
- Proven commitment to accountable practices.
- Knowledge of working in challenging environments.
- Proven ability to manage large varied workloads and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- Proactive, stable and robust character and a good team player.
- Excellent communication skills in English is required.
- Nationality of Uganda.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV in English through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.