Deadline: 17 February 2020
Greenpeace International (GPI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of the International Development Office (HIDO) in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
GPI is an independent global campaigning organisation that acts to change attitudes and behaviour, to protect and conserve the environment and to promote peace.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Head of the International Development Office (HIDO) will perform the following functions:
- Lead, manage and develop the IDO team and the regular management of senior consultants and any other Devo Unit Staff as delegated by the IDD to ensure the creation of a unified and efficient office and team products.
- Ensure Devo’s strategies and interventions are developed in alignment with relevant stakeholders and by acting on behalf of the IDD on all HR issues (as and when delegated to do so).
- Lead and being accountable for multiple tactical initiatives, that have significant global impact on the way Devo delivers its objectives.
- Take on a Leadership role in special projects at the request of the IDD, and collaborate with the IDD on internal tasks /issues and external events, directing IDO staff for efficiency and keeping a pulse on all issues across departments, NROs and initiatives.
- Be accountable for initiating and leading the design and implementation of support systems, strategies, departmental work plans and prioritisation for the IDD and wider Devo team in alignment with the organisation’s Three Year Strategic Plan, annual priorities and timely initiatives.
- Liaison to regularly inform and align strategies and cross-functional initiatives and connect NRO’s and GPI collaborative ways of working.
- Chair the Devo team meetings, ensure action points are followed up, and departmental work plans are delivered.
- Prepare and advise the IDD in decision-making across key leadership platforms, while representing the Development Department within GPI, with NROs and to external bodies.
- Develop department budgets to oversee, monitor and authorise income and expenditure of the Devo budget.
- Support and drive the strategic focus for the IDD, and collaborate on management priorities and the facilitation of short and long-term strategies.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in a management role, with significant experience and an evident record of building exceptional teams and stand-out people management.
- Master’s Degree level (Business Administration or similar discipline), or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to implement strategy – thorough understanding of how decisions are made internally and externally.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage competing requests, pushing to meet deadlines while remaining cool under pressure.
- Experience of working in a global organisation and an evidenced ability to work with cultural diversity.
- Demonstrable experience in project management.
- Proven management or consultancy experience – executive expertise preferable.
- Experience with managing budgets and processes (preparing, presenting, monitoring).
- Fluency in written and spoken English and preferably at least one other modern language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit GPI.