Deadline: 4 June 2023
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of UN Mobility in Rome, Italy.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Head of UN Mobility will perform the following functions:
- Manage the implementation of the UN Mobility service, MSD Global Shared Service, across WFP country operations and UN Agencies as part of WFP’s leading of the UN Reform leveraging on the extensive network of existing collaborations in passenger mobility and UN bodies.
- Streamline passenger transportation management in the UN system and contribute to the development of innovative solutions in the area of passenger mobility.
- Implement carpooling operations by supporting WFP field offices, UN Agencies and humanitarian partners in jointly offering spare vehicles and drivers’ capacity to maximise efficiencies and contribute to environmental sustainability.
- Streamline ridesharing as a major operational modality to reduce redundant trips, increase utilization rate and minimize environmental impact of UN Mobility services.
- Build productive partnerships with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and the humanitarian community to promote digital transformation of mobility services and the efficient use of carpooling.
- Manage existing Service Level Agreements with the aim of enforcing Mutual Recognition to introduce common service policies and general guidance.
- Manage cost recovery of the UN Mobility services in line with existing Service Level Agreements and the Pricing and Costing Principles of BIG/UN Reform.
- Apply solid knowledge of mobility best practice, operational modalities and change management to manage optimization across the entire organization and drive technological and process improvements to contribute to positioning WFP as a pioneer in mobility services.
- Contribute to MSDD customer-centric culture in order to enhance customer satisfaction in line with BIG/UN Reform Customer Satisfaction Principle.
- Collaborate with other branches in MSD and divisions in WFP to share business development, common platforms, and innovative ways of working.
- Support performance improvement and informed decision making through the provision of reporting and analysis capabilities.
- Provide guidance to the unit team as well as performance management to promote teamwork, a clint-centric mindset and excellence in service delivery
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in Business/Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant field relating to office management and administration, or other relevant fields, or Bachelor’s degree with additional years of experience.
- At least 5 years or more of postgraduate professional experience
- Proven experience of leading multi-stakeholders, multi-organizational/Agency teams for common results of mass market services with a large user base;
- Proven partnerships advocacy, creation and management
- At least 5 years of experience in digital management, effective user experience, process digital transformation, and digital change management;
- At least 5 years of experience in customer relationship management including customer satisfaction governance, tools and tracking;
- Experience with the United Nations system/humanitarian partners with capabilities of leading inter-agency task teams/working groups, an asset;
- Proven ability to successfully operate within the different geographic and cultural contexts in which WFP operates;
- Previous experience in working within the UN system and particularly with the UN Reform governing bodies is a strong asset.
- Proficiency in writing and verbal communication in English is required.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese (A WFP’s working language).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.