Deadline: 13 July 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of Unit – Partnerships Development in Copenhagen, Denmark.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Head of Unit – Partnerships Development will perform the following functions:
- Support Partnerships Director in establishing relationships at the highest level with government entities to develop strategic partnerships and alliances.
- Establish strategic partnerships with selected private sector partners and academia to support the global agenda.
- Coordinate with the regional leadership team to develop the partnerships and anchor them at the local level.
- Coordinate with the regional leadership team to match donors and partners with their needs and opportunities in the field.
- Coordinate in close collaboration with all the relevant parties globally the formulation of briefing packages for the executive office’s meetings to be cleared by the Director of PLG in a timely fashion.
- Lead the implementation of the Corporate Action Plan in response to feedback received from the partner survey in close coordination with all the relevant units and regions.
- Manage the rollout and analysis of the partner survey with the support of external suppliers.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s or PhD level academic work in business administration, operations, policy, legal, international affairs, or related field is required.
- Minimum 7 year’s of experience in the area of international development is required.
- Extensive knowledge of procurement or HR and partnerships policy, as well as regulatory frameworks for international organizations is an asset.
- Proven track record in strategy determination, in business development and in establishing cross-sector partnerships, negotiating commercial and legal agreements is required.
- Proven track record in external communications and/or public relations to manage high-level and diplomatic relations to improve the positioning of UNOPS is required.
- Capable of representing the organization in public events, debates, and external communication is desirable.
- People leadership skills to effectively manage a team is desirable.
- Fluency in English required.
- Knowledge of another UN official Language (French/Spanish/Arabic) would be considered an asset).
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.