Deadline: 3 August 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health Operations Manager in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Health Operations Manager will perform the following functions:
- Manage the team, guide, and ensure implementation of the response plan.
- Set standards and norms, develop and disseminate technical guidance and validate training, resource mobilization and communication materials.
- Under the guidance of the Incident Manager, manage the coverage of all health operations in support to the MOH, work with partners and facilitate the implementation of WHO’s most effective prevention, control and response measures.
- Close collaboration with the Health Cluster and the Health Information Management teams, oversee the implementation of in-depth health sector assessments using harmonized tools, and agreed needs analysis methodology.
- Assist the national authorities in undertaking vulnerability assessments combining data from the health sector and the social determinants of health, to prioritize interventions according to the severity of needs in the different areas affected by emergencies.
- Support national authorities and partners on equipping the health facilities with the necessary infrastructure, equipment, drugs, public health laboratories and blood safety, and medical supplies to address the existing and foreseen risks and to prevent the dissemination of infectious diseases within the facilities.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university Degree (Master’s level or above) in medicine, public health, epidemiology, tropical medicine, health systems/services administration or related field.
- First university Degree in medicine or public health from an accredited/recognized institute.
- Specialized training in emergency management, specific training in humanitarian response.
- At least 7 year’s related experience, at the national and international levels, in health operations, with proven experience in managing outbreaks and health emergencies.
- Related experience in managing human and financial resources.
- Relevant work experience in outbreaks and/or health emergency management.
- Experience working in relevant nongovernmental, health cluster partners or humanitarian organizations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French (depending on the country of assignment).
- Working knowledge of another WHO official language would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.