Deadline: 28 April 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of HR/Admin Officer in Kandahar, Afghanistan.
The HR/Admin Officer will ensure implementation of NRC policy, procedures and tools in NRC Afghanistan with focus and main responsibility on Human resources and administrative functions.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The HR/Admin Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide advice and assistance to Hiring Manager on job requirements, recruitment process, selection of interview panel, preparation of Interview Plan and preparation of job descriptions.
- Initiate recruitment processes for south region and ensure of approved documentation are processed, announced, and organize long and short-listing process.
- Review and feedback on shortlisting, chair the interviews and written test process.
- Organize interview process and testing process, including collection of required documentation (ID Card, References, education verification etc.).
- Implement hiring process: Help, conduct, document and verify references in consultation with hiring manager ensure job contract and all HR/administrative documentation for personnel file is complete.
- Ensure that all HR documentation is completed and filed, and that personnel records are complete and kept confidential.
- Ensure transparency in the recruitment process and make sure all the vacant positions in central region are filled with high quality.
- Keep track of all national recruitment in south region.
- Responsible for the confidential filling and archiving of all personnel files.
- Periodically checks files to ensure all missing documents are provided, securely keep in both hard and soft copy in line with NRC filling key.
- Take keen interest in securing proof of life forms from all staff for secure storage as per NRC guidelines.
- Focal point person for the grievance, complaints and code of conduct handling.
- Maintain truckers and records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, attendance and absenteeism rates for south.
- Undertake other task as deemed necessary in Line with goal providing support to management in country office.
- Carry out Admin-related operational/control tasks including correspondence to Government and other agencies as required.
- Proper management of NRC guest houses in the field and accommodation arrangements for staff.
- Finalize lunch menu and monthly price for lunch in consultation with all staff and ensure that all staff have paid their monthly payments.
- Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports to provincial.
Applicants must have:
- University degree, in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resources Management with International Humanitarian and development organisations.
- Fluency in English language and local languages Pashto and Dari.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently when required.
- Responsible, reliable and punctual.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Representation skills.
- Knowledge of archiving and filing
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of HR practices.
- Good IT skills.
- Good follow up and organizing skills
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.