Deadline: 18 March 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of HR Assistant in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The HR Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assist to process the recruitment/extension of contracts for all national and international staff and consultants.
- Ensure staff hiring is carried out timely, efficiently, transparently and in compliance with organizational HR policy and procedures.
- Assist to maintain personnel files for staff, ensuring all documentation is complete.
- Maintain and update confidential information and documents, and ensure relevant documents are kept in their respective files.
- Assist to manage electronic filing system.
- Assist supervisor(s) in monitoring the contractual status of staff on various appointments.
- Assist to ensure full compliance of HR activities with FAO rules and regulations, policies, procedures and strategies.
- Assist to ensure effective implementation of the internal control and functioning of the HR management system.
- Assist to respond to staff/consultants on all aspects of HR policies and Procedures.
- Review, answer and follow-up on standard requests, enquiries and claims regarding human resources matters.
- Work closely with all projects for the timeliness of emergency and non-emergency contracts.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Business Management or any other relevant discipline preferably with an advanced training on HR management.
- Master’s Degree with relevant experience will get preferences.
- At least 5 year’s of relevant experience in any reputed organization preferably with the UN.
- Working knowledge (level C) of English (spoken and written) and fluency in Bengali language.
- Experience in the UN System or an International organization/institution will be an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure in a professional manner.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Ability to establish and maintain a good working relationships with people of different national and cultural background.
- Excellent computer skills (especially in MS-Word, MS-Excel and Outlook ).
- National of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.