Deadline: 21 April 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of HR Assistant in Tripoli, Libya. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The HR Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Post descriptions and forms required for establishment of new positions, update organization charts, initiate related position actions in GSM and liaise with HR Unit and the Global Service Center finalization of newly established positions and recruitment of professional staff.
- Administer the recruitment of staff and non staff, publish vacancy announcements, screen applicants, and finalize necessary arrangements for tests/interviews, conduct reference checks and initiate necessary appointment actions, finalize contractual arrangements for Special Service Agreements (SSAs), Consultants and Agreements for performance of work (APWs) through the procurement module.
- Monitor expiration of all types of staff and non staff contracts initiate extensions, separations and other staffing actions in GSM attach necessary documents, check availability of funds, and follow up with different stakeholders timely finalization of actions.
- Follow up with concerned units/stakeholders on necessary arrangements regarding, travel, visas, residency permits, security clearances, travel authorizations, UN ID’s, hotel bookings for staff and non-staff.
- Update and maintain HR confidential files (electronic and hard copies), including performance appraisal records, ensure confidentiality, and provide related statistical information and reports as and when necessary, follow up with staff and non-staff the timely submission of Performance Management reports.
- Liaise with Staff Development and Learning unit the induction and training of staff and non staff at country office and sub-offices and ensure its timely completion.
- Perform any other related duties as required, and replace other administrative staff.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary education supplemented by administrative training.
- University Degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset.
- At least 5 year’s progressive experience in the area of administration, including experience in HR management.
- Relevant experience in the UN system.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of human resources management policies and procedures.
- Very good time management and stress management skills.
- Very good analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of WHO/UN procedures and HR practices as applicable to the administrative level an asset.
- Expert knowledge of English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.